Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

White Wednesday - Get Inspired With Containers and More!

The finds are out there!
  • Pottery Barn
  • Antique Mall
  • Macy's
  • Pottery Barn
  • Goodwill
  • Pier 1
  • Yard Sales
  • Thrift Stores
  • Estates Sales
  • The Container Store
  • Friend Swap Parties
  • Home Goods
  • TJ MAXX
  • Marshalls
Where do you find your favorite things?

I have had every pattern and color china under the sun. Loved them all. Blue willow, red transferware, fruit, flowers, spring, Christmas. I've mentioned many a time that I am decluttering and simplfying my style.
I do have seaglass, shells, apothcary jars, photo of family, friends and images of things I love. Colllections of feathers, favorite books.
But ever so slowly, when I'm out and about I find myself adding a piece or two to my collection of white serving pieces. Weeks go by and I won't see a thing. Then I'll be in Home Goods and there it is! A cool plate or a little bowl.













Asian grocery stores often have unique items. I use these white spoons to serve h'orderves!

Soup too, of course. I mix, I match, I add, I gift.
These spoons are great to tie on a jar of jelly, jam or salsa as a gift.

Pier 1 has a new line of serving sets for sampling.
 They also sell individual mini dishes and bowls in white and clear glass.
Prices begin as low as $1.00.
These are great for individual sauces, varied salsas, and more.

So whether it be white ...

or glass...

or a container...

decorate with...
glee!

No comments: