Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Friday, January 6, 2012

I Had A Dream Last Night...


I had a dream last night. First let me begin by saying
that without my GPS I am directionally challenged.
LOST
And it's broken.
So this dream was about being lost.
In a storm.
Going up and down roads.
Raining cats and dogs.
Up and down streets.
Can't find my way.
I end up by the ocean.
I love the ocean and the beach.
It's gray, dreary, cloudy.
I'm lost.
Windshield wipers going.
Hundreds of ducks everywhere.

mmmm hmmmmm
DUCKS


swimming
floating
blowing
walking
quacking
DUCKS
Then I see a man scoop up a handful.
In my mind I think - these poor babies need help!
I pull my car around the corner where the water isn't as deep
in the road and I open the door of my car...
in pile the ducks...
every shape, size and color.
Now I have ducks on the floor, the seats, my lap,
all staring at me totally silent.
The storm stops suddenly.
No rain.
No wind.
Just ducks...in my car.
Silence.
They're staring at me.
The duck on my lap looks me in the eye.
and I hear
 Grrrrrrrrr!
And I waked myself up!
THE END!

No comments: