Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

For The Birds!

I have always loved birds. In fact when my children were younger we had our share of birds - a couple of parakeets, a cockatiel and 3 zebra finches. They were all healthy, messy and we managed to keep them away from our dog and cat. 1 parakeet didn't survive a realtor leaving our study door open during a showing. The zebra finches...well, my son fed them dried grits...water and the rest is a sad,sad story.

I've always collected bird houses and bird cages - both indoors and out. This year because I share a townhouse I haven't purchased anything for the yard. I'll wait until I have my own surroundings to personalise.
So this year when my daughter in laws parents moved in with them from Cambodia - I was struggling with ideas for Christmas. Warm clothes for their daily walks were number 1. They speak very little English so what to do? Ravy's mom sews in their kitchen and her dad spends a lot of time watching her. They have big sliding glass doors in front of the two sewing machines. So...
I bought them a bird feeder, bird seed and they can bird watch to their hearts delight!
Happy New Year Tweet!

No comments: