Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Friday, January 13, 2012

Mom's Memories... Joy in my heart!

No Hallmark card or store bought floral arrangement
can replace the memories I have of my sons
when they were growing up.
I just shake my head sometimes.
Broken Noses
 Boo Boos
More sutures on both of them than a baseball.
So many trips to the ER,
my dad was going to give us a
gift certificate!
Sleepovers....
I'm told now that it's better
I don't know what went on.
Hmmm
A Mother's Day when
a cheese omelet
was attempted to be
made in my waffle iron.


We won't go into detail about the
time one of them pooped
in a display toilet in a department store.
Or who sold all the
Christmas cookies I had baked
to his classmates two weeks before
Christmas, leaving me with empty tins!

Their great-grandmother said
"get those boys baptised!"
and I said "I did!"...
which she replied -
"well do it Again!"
 Every year they would
attend a church fair and rummage
sale with their grandparents.
One year they bought me a little
jewelry box and a bunch of vintage brooches.
I wish you could have witnessed
the pride on their faces when I
wore every one of those pins to church
the next day...of course you couldn't see the joy in my heart but it was there too.
Thank you for listening to
my sweet satirical memories!

No comments: