Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Waiting For Christmas... Gift Ideas For Furries Too!

As the holidays rush toward us...I'm busy thinking about all the bits and pieces of things I want to get done on my list because to me - it's fun to do little bits and pieces! I'm home recovering from knee surgery, doing better than I ever anticipated - and I plan to use this time well!
First Project: Furry Buddies
  • I pick up cookie tins throughout the year at yard sales
  • I look for pretty glass containers, lidded jars, canning jars, wine glasses
  • pretty scraps of fabric, rope, ribbon
  • bells, ornaments, glitz, costume jewelry
Next... Dog Biscuits
I pick up dog biscuits at Walmart in several shapes and sizes - large bags. Then I separate them into appropriate size for my friends critters, place them in cool containers, decorate them, label them and they are ready for Santa giving. For petite dogs I have found teeny biscuits that look just like MilkBones that are adorable at Farm and Home Tractor Supply.

They look great wrapped in a little cellophane gift bag tied with a bow and a jingle bell given in a Christmas mug, a wine or champagne glass! You can also put them in a lidded canning jar with a pretty piece of fabric on the top of the lid. If you make bigger jars.... Pier I has Asian white ceramic soup spoons that make dynamite scoops to tie on the jars. They are .75 each!

Like the ideas so far?
That's why I do believe in thrift stores, yard sales, estate sales, friend swaps, saving 1 glass out of broken sets. You can even use 1 pretty dessert plate with a cloth napkin that has a holiday look - that's why I haunt the CLEARANCE aisles of ROSS, Marshall's, TJ Max, Home Goods.
Here you go....coffee mug - NEW .50  Home Goods


Champagne Glass  Goodwill .10 each bought 6  Great for a mini dog biscuit gift for a neighbor or going to a friend's Christmas party. Everybody should celebrate!
Line a basket with a cloth napkin, tissue paper - I pick them up at yard sales all the time! Big bow and you're good to give! Dog toy attached - even better!
Anyone need a new dog bowl?
Make a delivery to your local pet shelter... they can use every donation avalable!

So all your friends are waiting for your
thrifty, exciting, brilliant, creative, yummy,
crunchy ideas!
So be a star when you give holiday gifts and remember....
it's not how big, how expensive....it's the thought.
Breathe

No comments: