Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Monday, November 28, 2011

If I Fall In Love Again... I Believe In Happy Happy Endings

If I ever fall in love again...I'll appreciate all the secret moments that are in a relationship.
That excitement when he walks in the door, he comes home from work.
Even shaving can seem sensual when a woman is is love.
It's the hand holding, the look, the caress. The warmth you share.
Humor that sometimes only the two of you get.
Being yourself, but it is oh so much better when you are together. Individuality. Yet, loving that you are loved. That deep rich feeling that almost cannot be put into words.
It's breakfast in bed, and saying "goodnight", holding me when I'm sad,
being there for you when you're lost, keeping warm, sleeping in.
The warmth and caress as we embrace and say "I love you." and mean it so very much.
Oh, I know it won't be perfect. But I miss the mystery rides in the country,
driving along the coast, watching the Christmas tree glow, candles in the bedroom,
a card for no reason, baking you something just because it's Tuesday, saying "Happy
Thursday, I  Love You". I do still believe in love. I see it all around. My best friend and her husband. My friend and her fairly new husband. My cousins about to be Mr. and Mrs. My son and his wife about to have an anniversary. 
I've seen dolphins leaping in the distance as I sat on the shore.
I've had the thrill of witnessing several glorious rainbows.
I've loved and lost and loved again.
The births of both of my sons was wondrous by far.
And I do believe in falling in love and happy endings.
                                           Jennifer

No comments: