Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful for Gatherings and Much More!

Feathers make me think of friends I've lost, little blessings
and make me smile. They have this ethereal nature that seems to connect me to many ideas. Because of this, I've decided to use them as my Thanksgiving theme for this year.
So here I'll begin my thoughts
on gratefulness journal...
  • the joy of moms and grand moms going to movies with their little ones
  • praying anywhere I choose
  • Hospice and their caregivers
  • prayers for our troops and their families
  • new babies
  • caring for our elderly
  • helping the homeless
  • church

  • making a new friend
  • loving an old one
  • holding hands
  • loving my job

  • my sons
  • my family
  • the ability to laugh and cry, then laugh again
  • to stop, listen and care

It might sound very simple to you when I list what I view as my blessings.
This last year has been a rough road in many ways. I've learned a lot,
adjusted a lot, moved twice, had health issues, began a new job, made friends,
become closer to God, read many a book, seen new places... learned who truly cares, who always has,
have become a better friend and Mom, realized I make mistakes and always will, have learned meditation and prayer, listening is very powerful and I am a novice at it. My sons are wise and I have a great deal to learn from them. God is always holding me in HIS hands. I have dear friends that ride their roller coasters and mine. I have a huge sense of humor. It's OK to cry. Everyone has a story to tell, a gift of themselves to share. I am so very thankful for this Life. Jenn


Happy Thanksgiving...
there is no one else like YOU!

No comments: