Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday's Fingerprints...a Little Pillow Talk about Life lessons

Well friends, it's Friday and I wanted to talk about two things...you know me - gleeful and grateful.
Psalm 145:9, "The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works."
I've been thinking about restfulness. I've been stressed in the last few months while trying to pull joy and appreciation from my world and God's gifts. Have you ever questioned why when your life is filled with so many loving people,you're learning, listening, growing, feeling, breathing - there is chaos? That's been my question. 
My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest. (Exodus 33:14)
I read, meditate, pray, listen, talk and yet I still feel bombarded by
my personnal struggle to make a decision in my life I have been pushing away.
 I attend a Healing Circle where we gather and rest, revive, renew, breathe.
 It's enabled me to stop the negativity of my thoughts and give the ok to just BE.
Well, I consider it, am thoughtful about it, believe it is powerful.
But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.
                                                                                                               Psalm 19:13-14
At last nights women's gathering I listened. I heard other's stories. Sometimes it's so healthy to hear someone else speak of a pain, growth, a Life lesson, concerns.
It was for me.
I could no longer hide my fears and not live. I saw I was holding myself back.
John 10:10, "...I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

I am pushing forward without regret. I remember a story about a child that was given a luscious cupcake at a party. She held it so tight and as she was offered other wonderful desserts she was so afraid to let go of her treasure she passed up many delights. When she finally decided to enjoy her treat - in the fierceness to hold on .... it was crushed and inedible. I love trying new things. Escargot, green nail polish, speaking Italian....

 




i loved cuddling with my kids









watching them play
smelled the flowers

listened
laughed
and learned
Now it's time for me to end the cycle of abuse and not be afraid.
To take a step outside the box and trust in what I know.
I know I am a survivor. I'm a loving woman. Intelligent.
thank you Miri for showing me a glimmer of light and what it can be for me, Jennifer
here's to new faces
quiet places
and sleeping in my own bed    jenn
p.s. I can be fruggle if it means independence

No comments: