Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Monday, September 20, 2010

And I'm Setting My Goals and Soul Free!

Whoopee! This weekend my dear friends rallied, dragged me out of my protective walls - and said "enough!". Besides, the weather was gorgeous, I love being with them and I've been thinking and working far too much anywhoo!
I ran to my friend Mary's after school (well, she needed a ride home),
sat on her deck (she smokes and my Asthma doesn't like it)
ordered Chinese food - yummo - listened to music and laughed our butts off
my butt reappeared Saturday am
I relaxed all day Saturday until my friend Emily called.
We survived her divorce. Dinner was on the agenda...because are sisters and friends.
I was to dress up. Feel "girlie".
Margaritas and Mexican Food
then on for a night cap and Reggae music
Sunday morning seems musical when you count your blessings.
I have made an effort to deal with stressors, meditate,
think of others, breathe deeply and enjoy.
Silence is healing, smiles are gifts, sleep renews.
God is great.
my toes wiggle
Crissy calls..we're off to the county fair!
we walked for hours, saw quilts, cowboys, babies, ate ice cream, watched newborn piglets suckle (they are actually cute then), rides that must be excellant throw up machines, foods like soft shell crab, fried shrimp, pulled pork, roast beef, fried potato chips, cotton candy, candied apples, and other artery hardening items.
I had 1 water, 1 ice cream...with sprinkles
and my birthday isn't until the end of September!
my first yoga class is tonight
and it's only MONDAY!

No comments: