Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Does it Matter How We Say It? Why Not Limes?




why flowers?

roses?

tulips?

daisies?

candy?

cards?

why can't we give limes?
I mean I can't picture myself giving someone a bunch of bananas - or a bag of popcorn. I love bringing big bouquets of flowers to friends fresh picked from my garden. Home-made cookies. I have been known to give herbs to fellow cooks.



so why not limes?  ( or a jar of marbles, or seaglass or...)  

I shop at Asian markets most of the time. I went with my son Todd and his wife Ravy after a fab Korean lunch yesterday. Limes were 8 for $1.00. I bought 32. Mangoes, a Pineapple (.99 each), Fuji apples, Nectarines, Peaches, Oranges, Strawberries = $16.00. I made my stuffy nosed hubby a big fruit salad. Autumn and Spice like apple cores and strawberry ends.
Today I brought in a basket full of limes to the main office of the high school I work in.
next time..... when I go to a friend's

why not give...
balloons!
I mean why do there have to be rules?
I would like a balloon - wouldn't you?
Love, Jenn

No comments: