Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Thursday, June 3, 2010

By The Sea, By The Sea, By The Beautiful Sea....

Let me live by the sea and be a friend to man....
I love having people over. One day I hope Iive by the ocean.
My birthday is September the 29th which means I am a Libra.
Element: Air
The astrological element of air represents movement. And the most efficient movement between two points is often a thought. Air signs are thinkers. They emphasize the intellect over other functions. With active minds and a good command of language, the air signs are the natural born communicators. They can be light and breezy as the breath of spring, but their words can also carry the power of a gale force wind.
The air of Libra is about equilibrium. Even the atmosphere needs to rest, so here, we seek ways to give our thoughts temporary respite from their never-ending movement.

I'd love to have a little place, nothing formal. Just a kick back sort of place. Friends always welcome. Family a given. I could smell the ocean, feel the breeze, pick up shells as I please. Have my morning coffee sitting in a beach chair. Just know it's right.
Very few collectibles. Simple items to make me feel at home. Everyone would walk in the door and say "I always feel like I've lived here forever Jenn" and I'd say "I know....I know.".  A weary, well loved pastel quilt. A few over stuffed white pillows. Burlap. Muslin.Mismatched white dishes and ironstone. Bedding that you fall into, lush and comforting at the same time. Books. Candles.

White wine is chilled and we sit and talk about family silliness. Smiles are endless. Aunt so and so, Uncle who we miss so very much, Grandma who spoiled us beyond belief. And we cook.
We cuddle and we cook....           AMEN.

English Muffin Crab Melts
Ingredients:
1 package English Muffins
Mixture:
6 oz. can crab meat
1 jar Kraft Old English cheese spread                

1 stick butter
2 T mayo (real)
½ t. garlic powder
½ t. Lawrey’s Seasoned Salt
Directions:
Combine mixture and spread on muffins.
Freeze for one hour before cutting into bite sized pieces.
Then freeze again until ready to bake.
Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes. Serve warm.

That's right cuddle cook family friends - breathe. Blessings Beach

No comments: