Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Friday, October 30, 2009

Friends - Love comes in many colors

Dear Michelle,

We've been friends for many years - how the time has flown! My sons are huge, your girls are no longer babies, through sickness and in health. God has tested us both. You are most certainly the bravest woman I know. And there are so many courageous women in the world. I also know your strength comes from your faith. It isn't always so - but you fight the fight - to be with family and friends - your girls. There are moments of solitude when you feel afraid, torn, lost, worn out - you cry, you vent, you rage and you pray ... most of all you pray. We've spoken of it many times. You've brought me closer to God. You've saved my life in your own soft and funny way. I don't even know if you truly know that - but it's true. And although when you're in the hospital, or having chemo or bouts of sickness in any way it can possibly be - you're in my heart - deep in my heart - where God is. He knows it and so do you and I. Stay well a little longer this time - so I can hear your soft voice on the phone when we laugh at life. You know I love you. Always, J

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me,

all who are weary and burdened,

and I will give you rest."

Love comes in many colors.

No comments: