Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Friday, October 30, 2009

Architectural Wonder - don't you love it?



GREECE FRANCE ITALY ENGLAND

PILLARS LIONS LEAVES FLORALS
ROSETTES CANTUS LEAVES
There are so many wonders for that we can experience and architectural elements are one of them. Whether in small towns with Victorian gingerbread homes such as Cape May, New Jersey, sleepy New England towns or San Francisco hillsides. Barns with steeples, bricks and designs. Europe with the history and the art. The vastness of it all. When I traveled to Italy and walked the streets of Venice and Rome I couldn't believe the detail of the buildings and the beauty of it all. The churches, the museums, the Vatican. When I stood at the base of the Coliseum I felt to insignificant and could imagine the crowds and their roars.
So much to see, so much to learn - all at our fingertips. Do we take the time? When I lived 45 minutes from NY city I can say I did not. Now I live within 45 minutes from Baltimore, Gettysburg and Washington, D.C. and I make an effort. I am also an avid reader, I utilize my library and still there is so much to learn and see.
So... I plan to do and see more. Sounds like fun doesn't it?
Oh, and I love art too... did I mention that? Jennifer

No comments: