Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Where Have I Been?

I have been a lot of every where since February and it's been the hills and the valleys of Life. My son Matt and his lady, Connie, returned from teaching in Korea for 4 four years and were married.  I lost my sweetest girl "Spice", our Chesapeake Bay Retriever. She was 16 and a very tired old gal. My cousins got married in a fabulous St. Patrick's Day ceremony.... that's how behind I am in news! 

 

When school finished I headed to NJ for the beach to visit family and friends. I would live by the ocean if I could. It's food,fun, beach, sun and of course being with everyone is the best.
We sit having apps and ice cold beer watching boats go up and down the water while a band plays and it is what I've waited all winter for....Heaven to me.
I've canned berries and peaches after picking at a local farm
Blackberry, cherry vanilla, peaches...
All tucked away to give as Christmas gifts.
Family came from Hawaii....
and we lost the sweetest man who is now with the Lord, my sons Grandfather
(a photo of them when they were little with Grandpop)
So as I said in the beginning of the post - hills and valleys - ups and downs.
I am so very blessed.
Oh, and there's a new baby in the family, my daughter in laws new nephew!

No comments: