Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Thursday, May 26, 2011

TWISTED! Any Which Way But Loose!

when i was little my mom would braid my hair into braided heidi like buns on either side of my head, or just braids, a pony tail, a twist, there were bangs, 100 brush strokes a night, many a struggle between mother and daughter, razor like rat tail combs parting the lines between my scalp....uggghhhh
i liked having long hair but i didn't like to do's... i just wanted it to be long... no do's! when i look back at my first grade photo, i laugh at all the toothless freckled funny faces. but no one has a hair do like princess leia of star wars! NO ONE!
the arguments ended long ago - i've had short hair since 8th grade - simple - easy and me - 2 sons so no little girl fun of barrettes, braids, pony tails, puffs, poofs - but now i love the looks. maybe on a granddaughter one day ..i'll be gentle. jennifer
on this Memorial Day weekend...
blessed are the peacemakers

No comments: