They walked in following each other in a line, cautious and quiet. We looked at a posters of the human heart, talked about it and everyone got to listen to their own heart beat with a stethoscope... ba bump ba bump.
I also asked my teens what subject they wanted my next bullentin board design to be and they said "Smoking" so it is titled
"Trash The Ash!"
this is my poster girl
Here are a few ideas for everyone:
Having trouble getting started? Try positive statements such as these:
"I can get help if I need it."
"We can work it out."
"I won't let this problem get me down."
"Things could be worse."
"I'm human, and we all make mistakes."
"Some day I'll laugh about this."
"I can deal with this situation when I feel better."
Remember: Positive self-talk helps you relieve stress and deal with the situations that cause you stress.
Low Calorie Lady-finger Tiramisu
If you're a fan of the classic Italian dessert Tiramisu, try this quick, lower-calorie variation the next time you need a dessert in a hurry. Both types of ladyfingers—spongy and crunchy—works well.
Active Time: 15 minutes
• 1/2 cup nonfat ricotta cheese, (4 ounces)
• 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 12 ladyfingers, (about 1 3/4 ounces)
• 4 tablespoons brewed espresso, or strong coffee, divided
• 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
• Combine ricotta, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium bowl until creamy.
• Place 6 ladyfingers in a 9-by-5-inch (or similar size) loaf pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons espresso (or coffee). Spread the ricotta mixture over the ladyfingers. Place another layer of ladyfingers over the ricotta and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons espresso (or coffee). Drizzle with melted chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
Total Time: 45 minutes
• Tip: To melt chocolate: Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium in 20-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. Or place in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.