Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thoughts This Veteran's Day

God Bless America
My Grandfather served in WW I Army
My Father in WW II Army
My Grandmother WW II Army
My Aunt WW II Navy
Land That I Love
Two Uncles WW II Marines
Two Uncles WW II Army
My Uncle Korean War Marines
My Country Tis Of Thee
Two Friends Viet Nam Air Force Marines
One Friend Viet Nam Marines
My Cousin Viet Nam War Marines
My Son the Iraq War Army
My Friend Currently Serves In The Marines 5 tours
Sweet Land Of Liberty

I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, "Mother, what was war?" ~Eve Merriam

"Freedom is never free." -Author Unknown


As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy


O Lord, today I thank You for our veterans, for their willingness to risk all so that our nation might dwell in peace and safety. May they find the honor and recognition they truly deserve. I pray that You will heal the physical, spiritual, and psychological wounds some of these veterans have suffered. Bring a lasting peace to those who mourn the loss of comrades. Help them to find Your love and mercy, so that they may cope with the actions they may have had to take while they served our country. Make them realize that the rules of engagement in war do not always follow the laws of Christianity, but give them solace by Your scripture passages that show them that sometimes battle is necessary for the common good. Amen.

No comments: