Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Monday, August 30, 2010

Mom and Me Time Recipes For The First Week Of School

Most of my followers know I have two grown sons and that I love kids. I enjoyed doing projects with my kids and also cooking with them. Still do. We apple pick in the fall. We cook together. I'm blessed. I always tried to prepare new recipes when they were living at home. Some days I'd be rushing around, sports shuttling, homework, chores, dinner. Patience was not the winner of the day one evening.
 My son Todd said "Ya know Mom, I'd rather have a grilled cheese sandwich and have you spend time with us than a gourmet meal."
I listened.
We simplified and still do. Not necessarily kid recipes but we keep it simple. With today being the first day of school in my area, I thought about moms and wondered if you'd like some ideas for MOM & ME time.
















Banana Dippers


Ingredients:

Bananas - cut in chunks

colored sugars

cinnamon sugar

peanut butter

chopped nuts

coconut

ice cream sprinkles

crushed cookies

8 oz chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Peel the bananas and slice into several pieces.

2. Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high until melted - about 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
3. Dip the banana slices in the chocolate, then roll them in other ingredients as desired
after school, after dinner, for dinner, week nights, weekends

you blink your eyes...
and they are grown! jenn

No comments: