Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Gratitude....Thankfulness....The Power of Faith



When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup.

Sam Lefkowitz

I was concerned about finances...
who isn't?
but it's been
tight lately.

Positive: I have been selling a lot
of the cards I've designed and
new stores and galleries are buying my cards too.

Positive: John (my hubby) is still working
 70 hours a week but he's getting a little more
in his paycheck.
My hard workin' truck drivin' man.

Positive: My son, Matt and his gf Connie,
are settled and working in Korea
 and enjoying themselves.
Their pics have been cool and
I will post them soon.

Negative & Positive: Autumn ( our mini Daschund)
is 6 months now and pees and poops outside
occasionally. She hasn't gone into "heat"
and despite tight funds...
we have an appointment at the vet.

Negative: A favorite student of mine
lost her father in a tragic Metro
accident this week. She has severe
health issues as does her mom.
This is always very sad but I
experienced the gleam in her eyes
when Dad would bring her lunch...
they had such a connection.
He was a sweet Dad, a nice, nice man.

I had a long talk with God that night.

Positive: I went for a haircut and my stylist
bought 8 of my latest cards which deducted $24
off my bill! And.. she invited me to go with her to a prayer
group she attends (something I've been looking for).

Is my cup half full or half empty? You know - I have faith.
I don't really ask myself that. I just put myself in God's hands.

Somehow...we have a good day and thing's work out.




No comments: