Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Friday, November 13, 2009

Leave your shoes at the door...by Momma Hey


HOUSE RULES




Welcome....
cuddle up for comfort
make yourself at home
Love, Momma Hey
When I was growing up, many moons ago - my mom was a clean nut.
No rings in the house - they made scratches on the furniture and marks on the refrigerator -
baths only, not showers - it would spot the tile,
no baking or frying - it made a mess,
NO SHOES ON IN THE HOUSE.
With a hubby who drives a concrete truck, three cats and two dogs on one acre in the country - everyone should take their shoes off and wipe their paws.
NO ONE DOES.
My son Todd has met and become engaged to a sweet and loving girl. Her name is Ravy - actually Sidaravy. Whenever I would call him, Todd would answer my call with "Hey, Mom" or "Hey, what's up?". One day Ravy asked how Hey was. Naturally Todd said "who" and she answered "Hey" - "who?" "hey" .... you get the drift ... until she explained "you know, your Mom - Momma Hey?". Hence the name I am now called aside from Jenn & Jennifer = Momma Hey.
Any whoooo - the story ends with the wedding coming up on December 5th and their buying a house in Annapolis.
One of their rules: NO SHOES ON IN THE HOUSE.
With pleasure I am buying myself a jazzy pair of slippers to keep in their closet. A new stage of our happy family. I think I'll buy a pair for my husband John too.
LOVE, Momma Hey

No comments: