Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Thursday, November 12, 2009

K is for KARL - OKAY?





e is for egg


b is for basket



k is for karl
















My friend Karl is cool. He is 7. He wanted to have his own business. Something he could do. So his parents Marty and Gretchen discussed the possibilities with him when he was 5 and they came up with an egg business. It worked - and so has Karl. In fact Karl has managed to acquire quite a few savings bonds with the earnings from his egg business. I chicken sit when they are on vacation. Karl also saves feathers for my card making business. He is a hard working guy and I am very proud of him. His job description includes: feeding and watering his feathered friends, gathering and cleaning the eggs, putting them in cartons and marking the date, refrigerating them, keeping track of orders, noting his sales and money. I buy these orange yolked yummies as often as I can and they are delish - $2.00 a dozen and well worth it. They are also organic and brown. Along with this entrepreneurship, Karl assists his father with his beekeeping business and has done so since the age of 3. Their label - what else "Buck Naked Farm".

My friend Karl..... the egg and bee and honey man! Karl is kool!

No comments: