Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Where did 31 years go - my little boy!


Todd - his name is Todd Robert and he arrived 3 weeks late 31 years ago. He weighed almost 10 lbs. and was 22". Like any new mom - he was my little miracle. When he turned 25 I sent him a birthday card with a photo of the two of us when he was minutes old describing what it felt like to be in that moment. I hope it meant something special. I'll never forget it. Now he's getting married. December the 5th in Annapolis, Maryland. His brother Matt (28) will be his best man. My dad - at 87, will fly up from Florida. My dad does not fly - but he will be there with my mom - he promised Todd. So my heart sings but it tugs at the same time. I blinked my eyes and they are men. I'm proud but where did it go?

No comments: