Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Long, Lean and In Love

I fell in love...shouldn't
have but I
did and he's HELL
on Wheels! He's Trouble
with a capital T. He's a
demon. He's a wanderer.
He's the reason they started the tv show "It's
Me or the Dog". His name is "PALMER".
And we love him. Our 13 year old "Annie" - the sweetest, most obedient, gentle natured Chesapeake Bay Retriever lost her battle with Cancer. Weak, yes .... I was weak. I thought our other 13 year old Chessie would be lonely. Actually, she and our 3 cats were quite content. I was nuts. I found him in one lapse of weakness on Delaware Puppy Rescue and he was mine. He terrorizes of family pets, runs away every chance he gets, barks at the wind and moon, humps my vacuum cleaner. But when he races to see me and cuddles around my knees at night ... I'm in love. You know - like a Mom with a her naughty little boy when he closes his eyes at night? Ahhhhhhh.

No comments: