Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Monday, October 5, 2009

Surviving - Kapow!!!




So I go to the doctor on May day - having a few gastrointestinal issues a few weeks before my Colonoscopy. She says "let's do a Cat Scan". Could it be my gall bladder, irritable bowel syndrome, stress - hmmm. I win the prize - a large mass on my left kidney that is more than likely malignant. WHAT???? Well, it was, it's out and it rocked my world. I have a sense of humor, a strong faith in God, very supportive friends and family, I recovered rapidly. But I just never dreamed I would have Cancer. I have lost friends to Cancer, have friends dealing with Cancer. Know there are millions of women with Cancer. Now I know how brave you all are. I'm so proud of you. I applaud you for your faith and courage and tenacity! Although I can never feel what you feel - my heart and prayers are with you. Love, Jennifer

No comments: