Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm In The Garden!!!







I can't help it! I just keep seeing photos of more and more wonderful garden ideas! I have a friend that has 5 garage buildings loaded with what she calls "junk" that she wants to take to auction so... I asked her if she by chance had any old windows or wash boards.....guess what I'm getting! Yup - both! Next is to purchase annuals for all my containers. I purchase perennials in the gently used areas of garden centers and Home Depot and Loews - my rose garden has perfect bushes I bought several years ago on the 80% sale rack simply because they didn't have a bloom on the bush. I stopped by a local garden center and they were throwing out bulbs because it was past the season - I inquired and they sold me 1500 tulip, crocus, daffodil and jonquil bulbs for $6. Killed my back planting them but the results the next year were marvelous! They're still popping up years later. Love that bargain!

No comments: