Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Songs of Life - Keys to Abundance

Songs of Life

Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into.

                             Wayne Dyer

I was driving home from my evening job last night listening to the radio - I don't know how many of you listen to "Delilah" but she plays songs for people that make requests, are up are down,are thankful. And she was talking to a woman about her life, her wishes, wants and fears. What hit close to home for me was one phrase " God Gratefulness". Taking time out to remember to be grateful for what we have in our lives. I so often forget to do that. Not that I don't attempt to - but then something will occur that brings me round to God, His spirit, His word, the joys of life, the simples pleasure of a brief instant. On my way to my second job last night there was a serious accident. Fire trucks, 2 ambulances, police cars. As I sat there I prayed for the people involved hoping that they were not injured.  People were cutting in, hitting their hands on their steering wheels, beeping their horns, on their cell phones. Pissed, angry, frustrated. God gives me this overall calmness when I need it. When I had my kidney removed. With my upcoming knee surgery. I had started to fret - thinking 'I've never had a bone or joint or tendon repair', on and on with things I could worry about. Then I centered myself. A brief reminder on the radio and I was good to go.
You see God always sees to our needs. I just smiled and let it go. Because I listened to someone speak of having a gratefulness to God for little things that happen in my life and then I realized how very much HE loves me and guides me through my struggles and pleasures. HE loves you too - just go to HIM.
A side note...whatever you believe...trust in that faith, in the place, in that holiness - be it SHE, Buddha, the spirit within you.
  • seeing my sons   
  • a phone call from my son Matt in Korea
  • giggles
  • my jobs
  • blogging friends
  • family
  • holidays
  • reading
  • sending cards
  • holding hands
  • hugs
  • hearing "I love you"
  • Hospice helpers
  • Moms

You must be the change you want to see in the world. - Mahatma Gandhi

Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
                                                                                                                                Mark 9:23
So what songs bring you joy, books catch your spirit,
special moments have grabbed your heart?
I'd love to hear from you!  Jennifer

No comments: