Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Friday, November 18, 2011

On Ice... Rest in the nest!

ON ICE

not this kind

not this kind
yep....this is it!
knee surgery on 11/30
and I am NOT a stay at home girl! So I am making plans on what will occupy my time for at least 2 weeks away from my job in the Health Room at school and then light duty when I return. You see I won't be allowed to run with a wheelchair, perform CPR, blah, blah, blah. I know I've told you I love my job...so this is a set back but only temporary.
I've never had any kind of bone or joint repairs. Lucky. Blessed. Tonsils and Adenoids, 2 C- sections, Hysterectomy, 1 Kidney removed but this is more intimidating because it might keep me down! So I've planned ahead...(if pain isn't involved of course, lol) to make cards for Christmas, to donate to local places for fundraisers, to learn some simple beading techniques, watch a few dvds I have wanted to see, and not gain 89 lbs.!!!
so a pedicure is a priority while I can bend my knee
crafts have been purchased at Michael's (with many a coupon I might add)
I've made a list of dvds I would like to see (some I've seen but that never bothers me)
my Kindle is loaded
I'm ready to be as good as new.
If any of you know of someone in the military that would like to have cards sent to them,
it would be an honor to make cards and personalize them for someone special.
*********************************************************************************
" To get something you you never had, you have to do something you never did.
  When God takes something from your grasp, 
He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better."
" The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

No comments: