Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Friday, September 2, 2011

Picking Up The Pieces............

Threads Of Life... Sometimes Life Unravels And You Tie It With A Bow!

You know me and my stories, sagas, whatever you want to call them...but I always hope it will inspire someone, I vent, I get this surge of relief, spirit, joy. And I am so very grateful to God and the loving people in my life. The Bloggers "Chatty Crone" & "Pondside" take a moment in their blogging business to make sweet comments when I write something new and I thank you!
Last September I left a very bad situation, a dangerous marriage that was not healthy. It's been a year of growth in so many ways.
I walked away from shattered and right
into to the arms of new hope.
I think about my dogs "Autumn" and "Spice" and my 3 Cats
"Jasmine", "Thomas" and "Elaine" and
I'm more at peace after having to leave them behind.

I visited my my parents in Florida,
visited family everywhere
counted my blessings
swam
swam some more
counted my blessing again
worked as a job coach
made my greeting cards
went to Savannah and my beloved
Jersey shore
saw places and places
reflected
and I can say it's truly been better than I ever expected.

Lesson Learned:
Humility
1. (noun) humility
the state or quality of being humble; freedom from pride and arrogance; lowliness of mind; a modest estimate of one's own worth; a sense of one's own unworthiness through imperfection and sinfulness; self-abasement; humbleness
2. (noun) humility
an act of submission or courtesy
hu·mil·i·ty
modesty or respectfulness: the quality of being modest or respectful
[ 13th century. Via French < Latin humilitas < humilis (see humble) ]
Thesaurus
NOUN


Synonyms: self-effacement, unpretentiousness, humbleness, modesty, meekness, shyness

How did I learn this you might ask? I worked with a young lady that has Cerebral Palsy as a Job Coach. She has volunteered at a local hospital making visitor passes for over 13 years, five days a week from 9 am until 2 pm. Everything she does takes effort. She goes through her day having a difficult time walking, talking, swallowing. She sings in a chorus, swims, takes Pilates, exercise class, craft classes and more. She has strength, courage, humor, patience.

I learned from Linda that I have been given such gifts in my life, Linda was a gift God gave me to enable me to see just how very blessed I am.  Jennifer

Colossians 3:12-13

New International Version (NIV)
12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 

No comments: