Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Monday, March 7, 2011

Petal Pushin'

so, what should have been a 30 minute commute to work took an hour and 45 minutes due to 1/2" inch of snow, ice, rain and traffic accidents. i thought with patience of Spring....Liar, Liar, pants on fire!
petal (ptl)
One of the often brightly colored parts of a flower surrounding the reproductive organs. Petals are attached to the receptacle underneath the carpels and stamens and may be separate or joined at their bases. As a group, the petals are called the corolla.
 
The Rose and the Bee
 
If I were a bee and you were a rose,
Would you let me in when the gray wind blows?
Would you hold your petals wide apart,
Would you let me in to find your heart,
If you were a rose?

"If I were a rose and you were a bee,
You should never go when you came to me,
I should hold my love on my heart at last,
I should close my leaves and keep you fast,
If you were a bee."

Sara Teasdale
several things I do know....
  • there is peace in prayer
  • tomorrow is another day
  • all roads lead to somewhere
  • I'll get to work eventually
  • you have to laugh at Life
  • breathe deeply

No comments: