Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Jesus Loves Me This I Know.... Nobody's Perfect!

I make no claims of being perfect...
I used to believe I had a pear shaped bod.
Now I'm not quite sure where parts belong, where they used to be,
and what I even want anymore!
What I do know is that when I say my prayers,
I don't think God cares if I ate an extra slice of pizza.
When I spend the day with my friend Pauline,
 I'm so happy we've been friends for over 40 years.
She doesn't care if I color my hair, if my roots are showing.
We nursed our babies at the same time.
We went to 4th grade together!
We'll never see size 9 again.
We double dated.
Now, we still laugh until we cry!
God's seen me crying in my car.
Laughing with my dogs.
Rejoicing with my kids.
Fretting over the economy.
Placing my fears in His hands.

Every crazy moment!
I watch over my loved ones, they watch over me and
our Lord watches over us all.
Blessed are we.

Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever (Psalm 136:26).


Take a trip to Fiona & Twig, a very special lady and my inspiration for this post. Her's by far is more creative, spiritual, funny and gifted - but she enabled me to think and write. I thank you once again Anne. With Love, Jenn

No comments: