Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Friday, October 8, 2010

What Can You Do In A Day?

Good Morning, Good Morning!
I'm trying to think of new ways to make a difference. Little ways, big ways, asking for ideas, finding ideas. I am having soooo much fun doing it! It can be free or cost very little. Earlier this week I bought several bags of candy corn, divided them into smaller bags, tied and tagged them with notes that said " maybe a little corny but thanks for your support". The staff I work with are the very BEST! One day I put bottles of bubbles in my friend's mail cubbies with a note that said "you're never too old to be young!".


soooo,  saying "thank you" is really pretty darn easy!

Balinese (Bali) Matu suksama       Cherokee (United States) Wa'-do
  Farsi (Iran) Mamnoon          Gascon (France) Merci
Yesterday I stopped at The French Confection bakery and picked up fresh baked crossiants for a few of my co-workers ... just 'cause.
                           almond



chocolate

strawberry                 apple
   I had so much funny handing them out and seeing the surprise on my co-workers faces.......
I did it again today for the 5 Security Guards, the Principal and 2 Guidance Counselors.
man was it fun!
Gong (Thailand) Ang kêun      Hawaiian (Hawaii) Mahalo
Italian (Central Europe, E Africa) Grazie          Japanese (Japan) Arigato
It's 9:10 am and I can't stop smiling!



Valencian (Spain)          Gracies              Welsh (Wales)  Diolch yn fawr
Yiddish (Europe) Dank  Zulu (South Africa, Lesotho) Ngiyabonga

P.S. I had my usual java and a strawberry and cream croissant (not my usual or I'd be HUGE) = no calories on Fridays.
(lunch = salad dinner = salad breakfast tomorrow = salad)
Life is just a chair of bowlies! Jenn

God's fingerprints on my life... the ability to smile and try to do good. I don't always win but I always try.

No comments: