Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Bling Of Things!

I know it’s pretty realistic to say that we are thinking about our budgets… but we also love style! I’m sure you’ve seen markets and malls loaded with stylish jewelry pieces and if you choose wisely - you don’t have to put a huge hole in you’re pocketbook.
Chains are here to stay! Layers and layers, all lengths and dimensions. I love the mixed look of metal. Titanium, steel and tungsten are less expensive and unconvential too. What a fun way to play – imagine what bargains you can come up with or treasures can be found at your local thrift store….whoa baby!




Another option is to add a lot of sparkle and rich colors in your appearance. I think beautiful and rich colors make you stand out. Colored jewelry gives you a lot room to experiment with your look, mix or match. The colors yellow, orange and red super are cool and fun to play with. I try to mix rich hues of jewel tones and deeper colors I wear and the look is vibrant and rich. You can dress it up or down. That’s what I love… jewels with a pair of jeans!




Colored diamonds…..mmmm, hot this year!

In earrings, big sparkling chandeliers and hanging earrings are back. In fact, they were always there in some or the other form. Pssst, I wore them in the 70's too. You don’t need to become a complete shop displaying everything you own, just have fun, use your imagination and think style. Basically, be you! What pieces are your favorites? Do you dress bold or have one special piece?
Tell me all about it!

No comments: