Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Monday, September 13, 2010

Seasons Domino Effect - BONUS Recipe Included!

The Season's Domino Effect
Have you noticed that when school begins and
we pack the beach towels and bathing suits away
suddenly we spiral into fall?
I saw Halloween decor out 2 weeks ago!
Sorry, I do not like Halloween.
I'm not sure why but I haven't liked it since I was a child.
But I love Autumn and just about everything about it.
Winter is another story.

garden, harvest, home....
peace to you and beauty
Baked Onion Dip
Ingredients

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup chopped sweet onion
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
Minced fresh parsley, optional
Assorted crackers
Directions
In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, onion, Parmesan cheese and garlic salt; stir in Swiss cheese. Spoon into a 1-qt. baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.

No comments: