Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

THE PICNIC! Girls...We're Not in Kansas Any More!

So... I get a call from my friend Kathy about a plan for a "No Men Allowed Outing".
I love most outings and my girl Kathy has a unique sense of humor.
Me too.
So Kathy, Pauline and I decide what we'll pack up for our adventure.
Because you're never too old to be young!
We launch our plan.
It's unique.
the grounds
of the now closed
Springfield State Mental Hospital
We weren't in Kansas anymore.
Well, Maryland really...since we live in Maryland.
We dined on Hummus, fruit, crackers, veggies, cheese
and beer in a lovely wooden gazebo.
Not a soul passed by and we laughed and relaxed for several hours - just the girls.
Darkness crept in. We packed our little bag of leftovers.
The buildings stood like giant silhoettes keeping our private party a secret.
Dare to be Different!

No comments: