Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday - Dance As If No One Is Watching!

              I cannot dance upon my Toes by Emily Dickinson
              I cannot dance upon my Toes --
              No Man instructed me --
              But oftentimes, among my mind,
              A Glee possesseth me,
              That had I Ballet knowledge --
              Would put itself abroad
              In Pirouette to blanch a Troupe --
              Or lay a Prima, mad,

And though I had no Gown of Gauze --
No Ringlet, to my Hair,
Nor hopped to Audiences -- like Birds,
One Claw upon the Air,























    Nor tossed my shape in Eider Balls,
    Nor rolled on wheels of snow
    Till I was out of sight, in sound,
    The House encore me so --





















Nor any know I know the Art
                                                          I mention -- easy -- Here --
                                                          Nor any Placard boast me --
                                                          It's full as Opera -- 
“When other little girls wanted to be ballet dancers I kind of wanted to be a vampire.” - Angelina Jolie
                              “I wanted so badly to study ballet, but it was
                        really all about wearing the tutu.” - Elle Macpherson

No comments: