Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Monday, March 1, 2010

Don't Let Life Ruffle Your Feathers!

Beauty, symmetry, nature, color and my friends James and Karl. Yes, I said James & and Karl.
Karl, because when he was little he asked if I thought it would be ok if he gave his little girlfriend a bouquet of feathers instead of flowers. I said "I'd be thrilled if someone gave me feathers Karl!". I hope she was...

A feather symbolize a new beginning! It means a new life ahead. A feather symbolizes hope and it means that the feather in the indian tribes means good luck.
So, I started looking at feathers outside, and they'd appear here and there. It gave me this little burst of pleasure. A grey one, a brown one, a white one & rarely a blue one.
 Then my dear Friend James passed away. The morning of the service I was walking into the church and on the ground was a little brown feather. I thought "Ok James, you're here.". I never dreamed I would feel the enormous loss I did that day. When we arrived at his home,as I walked to the front door - another feather. And I said "Ok James,now you're tweeking my sense of humor." I smiled.  
I would say six months later, I attended a spiritual & healing seminar. Not something I would normally seek out. I have strong faith and belief in God but I  don't want to get in touch with realitives that have passed on. One subject that did come up was FEATHERS. I said " I always seem to be finding feathers.". The speakers and group - not new to the gathering - said that 'feathers suddenly appearing could be a way for people who had passed on the reach out to people on Earth'. Is it true? I don't know. But every time I find a feather....I think of James and smile. THE END. Jennifer
 
P.S. I use feathers on some of the cards I design. Karl has chickens and saves pretty feathers for me. He has also been known to find one, or two or three on a woodland hike with his mom.

No comments: