Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Monday, January 11, 2010

And so it begins... my weekend!


First of all, I wanted to let you know that the lovely little girl on the my last post is "Miss Rudy". I saw her striking photos on Flickr one day and asker her father's permission to make some of my greeting cards with her on them. I offered to make him a few samples as a "thank you".
I had several shots, one of her tying her ballet slippers on with her hair in braided rows. The one featured below I entitled "Queen Bee". Hence, the beginning of my "Miss Rudy series". Ta Da!
Now, as for the rest of the weekend....we slept in, stayed up, I read, took a bubble bath, gabbed on the phone, my friend Bobbie came over with Sushi and the componets for very dry Martinis ( I had 1). I cooked 4 lbs. of venison jerky for gifts for my hubby, son and the Security guards at my school ( yes - we have 5 - 1800 students - it's like a mini town).  We went to my son Todd and his wife Ravy's house in Annapolis for crab fried rice, shrimp & leeks stir fried, baby eggplant and pork, spare ribs, soup with green papaya (very much like a potato) and a tapioca dessert with tiny beans and plaintains. Ravy is from Cambodia and cooks like a dream! My meat & potato husband loves everything she makes. We watched a video and enjoyed every minute of our time with them.
I made 30 cards for my card business ( Valentine's are hot right now ). Watched 3 good movies with my husband John ( while folding wash and simmering chili and baking cornbread - Martha Stewart I AM NOT). While this was going on Little Miss Autumn - the puppy- the beast in shiny fur and big doe eyes - chewed the cord right off my vacuum cleaner.
                      So it's Happy Monday for ME... ha - ha!

No comments: