Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Monday, November 23, 2009

Crazy for bug pins!





bugs bees butterflies
pearls, jewels golds, blues

small, large, up, down

collar, shoulder, cuff

new, old, vintage, cute

jazzy, dainty, funny....

BUG PINS


I started collecting them about 12 years ago - a yard sale buy, an estate sale purchase, a friend's shop, a gift from someone. I don't have a huge amount - and for me - that IS unusual because my collections tend to multiply without my even noticing. I used to hang them on my draperies and curtains - that has stopped. Now my style is to top off my shoulder, down the side of my chest, the top of a cuff with a bee or a butterfly - jeweled, glittered, gold or silver. There's always a comment from someone about there being a bug on my shoulder or a butterfly on my back. It tickles my fancy and others I'm sure. Jennifer

No comments: