Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rainy Day Projects - What Do You Do?







rainy day blues
what do you do?
I iron, fold laundry,
watch videos, read
and
Do Canning!
I might make 40 pounds of applesauce or 4 pints. Lately, I've been making mini batches because I haven't been able to go apple picking. I have tried some new recipes though and they look yummy. Cranberry, apple, walnut relish, Cranberry applesauce, Pumpkin pecan butter and this morning before work I made Caramel pear and apple sauce.
Do you can? Have any recipes you'd like to share? Funny stories?
Ever burned your face with hot pumpkin butter? Well I can report that I have - nose and eyebrow - blistered and everything. Yes, a pumpkin butter burn. Whatever!!
Have a cuddle under the covers kind of day.... Jennifer

No comments: