Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Friday, October 2, 2009

Fun for all - work for one!


APPLE PICKING TIME
Every fall I go apple picking at the local farm with my sons and their girlfriends. It's called Larriland Farm. We go a little later in the season because they reduce the price of picking and also charge much less if you choose the fallen apples. Last year we picked 40 lbs. of applesauce. Ravy - my son's fiancee is from Cambodia and it was a wonderful experience for her.
As I said, we had the fun - I did the work! But when I'm in my zone - I relax - wash, peel, sterilize, listen to music, stir, pour, twist, stir, clean - I enjoy it all. Then the kids arrive to sample and take goodies home. Guess who liked my applesauce the best.... Ravy! She ate it right out of the jar :)






No comments: