Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day - but more...















I hope all of you had a lovely
Mother's Day!
I spent it with my two sons
Todd (31) & Matt (28) - I blinked my eyes and they are men. I remember feeling them move inside me. I remember nursing, one so impatient ( Big surprise 10 lbs. 22" - due date 4/8 - born 4/25!), the other so peaceful and sleepy ( 9 lbs., 22"). So many injuries my parents wanted to give us a gift certificate to the ER! Finally, I worked for a Plastic Surgeon and I could bring them right in when they required sutures.The pain in might heart and the fear, the trust I had to have in my faith, when Matt was deployed and we said "good-bye". The "I hate you Mom" teenage years where suddenly I knew ZIP! Sports, games, practices, home-made cards, laundry, girls, discipline, chores, homework, hugs.
Yesterday, they came over with their girlfriends - who I adore - and cooked dinner for my husband and I - cleaned up - we relaxed and watched tv - the tears ran down my cheeks. My cup runneth over. How can my life be filled by such blessings? Jenn

No comments: