Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Lake Como, Italy - place of my ancestors

Lake Como -Italy

I've been here and
I dream often of going
back again. My cousin
and her daughter or
son are fortunate that
they can return every March. Four cousins took the trip one year and it
was so many special
moments for all of us.
We went to Rome, Florence, Milan, Venice and Lake Como. Strolled through markets, cobbled paths, drank wine, ate fresh bread and pasta,
saw the Vatican, museums, made new friends. I'd return in a heartbeat! It's a place I hope my sons see one day. To realize my father's family came from this country and to be able to see the church my great grandmother married in, church records of family members, cemeteries and simply the beauty of the country and it's people.
If there is a place you dream of going - don't miss your opportunity.

No comments: