Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage

Scattered Thoughts From A Maryland Cottage
The Yin and Yang of Thankfulness

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

When To Keep Your Child Home From School


Here it goes - I'm putting myself out there BUT - I work in a high school health room in a school with almost 2000 students = plus staff and have 2 grown sons. I also have Asthma. I realize this is a no brainer for most, I also realize students get behind in their studies, parents have jobs, the economy stinks BUT please keep your children home if they have a temperature of 100+, are vomiting, have a severe headache, have begun new medication blah, blah, blah.... They don't go to class - they get off the bus and go to the Health Room - lay down, call home, have their temperature taken, throw up or spread cootie bugs to the rest of the staff and students. Honestly, if they're not frequent fakers - they'll be more ready for learning when they feel better. BUT - Mom's do know best!

No comments: